God's Roadmap

Now may the Lord Jesus Christ and our Father God, who loved us and in his wonderful grace gave us eternal comfort and a beautiful hope that cannot fail, encourage your hearts and inspire you with strength to always do and speak what is good and beautiful in his eyes (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 TPT).


Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Unlimited


Last week I had the privilege of meeting author Haywood Smith. She has been on the New York Times bestseller list and is the author of 14 books. As a member of the East Metro Atlanta Christian Writers (EMACW), I have the opportunity to be exposed to many fabulous people like Haywood. Some members of our group enjoyed a delightful meal at the Blue Willow Inn at Social Circle, Georgia.

I wouldn't have this opportunity if I had not decided to pursue a long-time goal of mine. Writing. I have always loved reading and writing, but I always had an excuse when it came to writing something for publication.
 
One of the curves we navigate in our lives is putting limits on what God wants to do with us.

My mind told me I had waited too long, it's too hard, I don't have time, it won't work for you, etc. I decided I wanted to learn the craft of writing badly enough to go for the gold. This blog is my first step. I have attended a writer's conference, enrolled in writing courses, become a member of EMACW, and continue to read books on polishing my skills.

If you feel God is calling you to do something new, don't procrastinate.

Life is too short. Our God is too big. His power is unlimited. Take the first step and go for it.

Leave a comment and share where you are going.
 
Barbara Latta and Haywood Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment