Our youngest son left last week to move to Colorado to attend Charis Bible College. Even though he has left home before while in the military, we had to watch him move away again. Helping him load his car and waving goodbye wasn't any easier this time.
Whether it's the first day of kindergarten or college, it's still the beginning of a new adventure for kids and parents. Car pooling or school bus, sack lunch or cafeteria, clubs or sports? All these decisions have to be made and new routines started. By now you have probably already been through the sales, supply lists, and orientations, but there are a few more things to keep in mind as the school term begins.
- Pray over your children every day.
- Pray for teachers and officials that make decisions about school policy.
- Be aware of school zones while driving.
- Be involved in organizations that support your school.
- Let your voice be heard (in a respectful way) when policy challenges God-given rights.
As we navigate a new school year for children of all ages, let us remember to thank God for all His provision and protection.
Share your thoughts about school year challenges and promises you stand on.