Sunday, December 31, 2017
Sunday, December 24, 2017
|Jesus was born to die.|
Sunday, December 17, 2017
|Jesus was born in scandal.|
Sunday, December 10, 2017
Since I was a little girl the brilliance of Christmas has been one of my favorite
|Favorite parts of the holidays are hot chocolate|
by the Christmas tree.
Sunday, December 3, 2017
|The Significance of the Genealogy of Jesus Christ.|
|We are written in the Book of Life through the|
blood of Christ.
Sunday, November 26, 2017
by Maria Johnson
“The reason for the season” is a marketing success story. It’s an effective sound bite for
|The birth of Jesus changes a life|
|The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.|
The baby born in that manger, the one immortalized in plastic on so many front lawns, grew up and offered me compassion.
|Jesus cleared a path to the heart of God.|
Sunday, November 19, 2017
|Giving thanks in the middle of war|
|Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!|
Sunday, November 12, 2017
|If Christ be captain, no fear of defeat.|
Sunday, November 5, 2017
According to Newsweek magazine, an article in a left-leaning Israeli newspaper has stated
Fewer Americans than ever before are trusting scripture as gospel.
Sunday, October 29, 2017
|Taking inventory of life's goals - using fall harvest|
to plan ahead.
|Introspection now can bloom with|
ideas for next year.
Sunday, October 22, 2017
|We can learn from the cattle in the field|
Sunday, October 15, 2017
|In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath|
of all mankind. Job 12:10
|The lesser light to govern the night. Genesis 1:16b|
|In the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge|
Sunday, October 8, 2017
|Does God allow tragedy?|
Sunday, October 1, 2017
|Redeeming the time because the days|
Sunday, September 24, 2017
by Barbara Latta
|Freedom Sunday September 24, 2017|
Sunday, September 17, 2017
|When I stray from the solid foundation I wobble, become anxious|
Sunday, September 10, 2017
|The Lord delivers me from all my fears.|
|He gives His angels charge over me.|
|No weapon formed against me will prosper.|
- He gives His angels charge over me to keep me in all my ways. (Psalm 91:11)
- No weapon formed against me shall prosper and every tongue that rises against me in judgment I shall show to be in the wrong for this is the heritage of the saints of the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17)
- He has not given me the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- The Lord delivers me from all my fears (Psalm 34:4)
- The angel of the Lord encamps around me and delivers me (Psalm 34:7).
Sunday, September 3, 2017
|Hurricane Harvey will go down in record books.|
- Review insurance policies on homes, vehicles, and personal property.
- Store a supply of bottled water. Calculate how much would be needed for the entire family, including pets, for at least one month.
- Keep vehicles as full of fuel as possible at all times. If the entire community is evacuating, gas lines require long waits. Also, if there is no power, gas pumps will not work.
- Put a first aid kit in the vehicle along with flashlights, a blanket or two, and a small compressor for low tires.
- Try to keep an amount of cash on hand in a safe, but in easily accessible place. Without power, ATMs will not work.
- Pre-packaged food in sealed containers is available for purchase at many outlets. These packages only require adding water and could be prepared on an outdoor grill or campfire.
- Keep fuel levels as high as possible for the propane grill.
- Propane lanterns are safer than candles, last longer and produce brighter light.
- Buy a generator.
- Refill medications as often as possible to have extra supplies available.
- Pack a container such as a large
plastic foot locker and keep important papers such as passports, birth
certificates and other irreplaceable or hard to replace items inside. Pack extra medications, water, food, flashlights, and medical kits. The entire
container could then be picked up and taken when leaving in a
Keep first aid kits ready for disasters.
Sunday, August 27, 2017
|We can become impatient with long lines in busy stores.|
Sunday, August 20, 2017
Here is some soul food for the coming week to counter all the bad news we hear every day.
|A quiet conscience makes one strong.|
|Faith is daring of the soul to go|
farther than it can see.
Feel free to download or share the photos. I only ask that you keep my watermark intact.
|Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind.|
Join the conversation and share your favorite quote or scripture verse that helps you get away from bad news.
Staying positive in a negative world (click to tweet)