by Barbara Latta
Do you have difficulty making decisions? Does God sometimes seem silent and your prayers
|8 ways to hear and receive from God|
Here are 8 ways I have found helpful to hear from God:
- Be available. Presenting ourselves as a living sacrifice and renewing our minds in His Word places us in a position to hear from Him. (Romans 12:1-2). Putting ourselves in a worship mindset will take the focus off self.
- Leave the past behind. We can’t move forward when we live in the past and dwell on mistakes and sins. This hinders our ability to hear what God is saying now (Philippians 3:13-14).
- Ask for revelation knowledge. (Colossians 1:9-10). He will give us understanding when we ask for it.
- Know that His will is available through His Spirit. He does want to reveal things to us (1 Corinthians 2:10-16).
- Believe we receive our answer when we pray. Make sure prayers line up with His will and are not selfish (James 1:5-8).
- Be quiet, listen and get rid of distractions. (Psalm 46:10). We cannot hear God’s voice in the middle of TV shows, a radio blaring or social media streaming through the computer.
- Pray in the Spirit (Romans 8:26-27). Many times in scripture praying in the Spirit is associated with praying in tongues. When the Spirit of God is praying from our spirit to God the Father, our mind is bypassed, and our reasoning cannot get in the way.
- Let peace be the guide (Colossians 3:15). When trying to make a decision and unsure which way to go, test the options with which one gives peace in the soul. When God is directing, there will be calmness and not anxiety or confusion.
What are some ways you have found helpful to hear and receive from God? Share your thoughts.