|5 ways to find your focus|
- Think about what you want to change in your life and look up words that apply to that area to discover the one you want to use.
- Make notes about what you want to accomplish.
- Write down scripture that applies to your word.
- Read books or listen to podcasts from authors and speakers who are experts in the area you have chosen.
- Review your notes and listen or read every day to make sure your mind stays on the chosen word.
- Pursue God when I feel like giving up. But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded (2 Chronicles 15:7 NIV).
- Pursue God when depression attacks. You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You (Isaiah 26:3).
- Pursue God when anger raises its head. Be angry and do not sin (Ephesians 4:26). If I pursue God I will use anger in a righteous manner like Jesus did. Be angry at sin and not at the sinner.
- Pursue God when sickness strikes. Who himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we having died to sins, might live for righteousness--by whose stripes you were healed (1 Peter 2:24).
- Pursue God when I feel worthless. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope