|The manger brings us the mercy seat.|
Now may the Lord Jesus Christ and our Father God, who loved us and in his wonderful grace gave us eternal comfort and a beautiful hope that cannot fail, encourage your hearts and inspire you with strength to always do and speak what is good and beautiful in his eyes (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 TPT).
Sunday, December 25, 2016
Sunday, December 18, 2016
By Lisa Hetzel
This week's post is by my friend, writing partner and Director of the East Metro Atlanta Christian Writers, Lisa Hetzel.
This is the perfect time to witness to others. In word and deed, we have an incredible opportunity to proclaim Jesus as Lord. Let the rest of the world call it the “Holiday Season.”
|Something holy happened 2000 years ago.|
Emmanuel, God, is with us. He came down from Heaven and poured His love. His birth changed the world. So did his death. Why are we afraid?
Sharing His love and life is hard. I, myself, still sweat when people ask, “What’s the big deal?” or “Do you really believe this Jesus stuff?”
I keep trying to find my own way to share. It’s not enough to just do good things. We need to make Him known. Somehow, we need to take an opportunity to tell His story. For me, I’ve learned to try to do the unexpected.
When my cousin needed a kidney, I gave her mine. My friends and family know that I am
|Every day is an opportunity to share Jesus.|
Jesus’ birthday is coming soon. Each day is an opportunity to love Him, serve Him, and tell others about Him. When I’m afraid, I remember that if I ask, God will help me. When He returns, we will be asked to answer for our lives.
What about you? Is something or someone stopping you from spreading the Good News? Leave a comment. I would love to pray for you.
“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39 NIV)
Sharing the good news of Jesus is the best gift (click to tweet)
Writer, Speaker, Kidney Donor
Lisa Hetzel’s life changed on December 30, 2014, when she donated a kidney to her cousin. Both she and her cousin are doing well. Since learning about the need for kidneys, Hetzel has emerged as a kidney donor advocate.
Lisa is a sought after freelance writer and published her experience in a four-part series, The Journey of Organ Donation, in The Rockdale News. Last April, Christian Devotions Speak Up! Blog Talk Radio Host Scott McCausey interviewed Hetzel and her cousin, her recipient, Denise Brown. Massachusetts General's magazine, Proto, ran a story as well.
Lisa serves as the Director for EMACW, the East Metro Atlanta Christian Writers. She volunteers as a mentor for the Georgia Transplant Foundation and speaker for the Living Kidney Donor Network. Lisa’s blog offers information and encouragement regarding organ donation and transplantation. Her current project is a devotional for donors.
Interested in learning more? Visit www.lisahetzel.com
Sunday, December 11, 2016
|A babies birth is recorded on a birth certificate.|
Sunday, December 4, 2016
The First Christmas Card - The Heartbeat of Christmas Part 1
|Christmas cards are reminders of joy.|
Sunday, November 27, 2016
|Stores erect Christmas trees earlier each year.|
Sunday, November 20, 2016
|Puritans suffered months of hardship at sea.|
Sunday, November 13, 2016
|Abba's Promise is available November 17.|
Sunday, November 6, 2016
Please pray as we approach Election Day for:
- The voting public to have eyes opened to the deceit going on in our government.
- That our elected officials who don't know God will turn to Him.
|We the people need to pray.|
- That those being elected will follow godly principles.
We the people need to speak.
We the people need to pray.
We the people need to vote.
God bless America!
Feel free to share your thoughts and prayers for our country and leaders.
Sunday, October 30, 2016
|International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church is November 6.|
Sunday, October 16, 2016
Sunday, October 9, 2016
|The universe is expanding.|
Sunday, October 2, 2016
|Nothing interfered with listening to Paul Harvey.|
Monday, September 26, 2016
|Armadillos have the ability to destroy a lawn in one night.|
Monday, September 19, 2016
|New offenses arise daily.|
|The Sword of the Spirit arms us against offense.|
Sunday, September 11, 2016
Each year on December 7, we remember the attack on the United States at Pearl Harbor. As the years have gone by, generations are born who know little about the war and the cost incurred against the citizens of our country. That's why it is so important to keep the history alive and educate those born after the events happened so they can remember the price paid to keep the freedoms they enjoy intact.
Reviewing the photos and videos of that day is difficult, but if we cease to look at the loss and the viciousness of the attacks, we will become apathetic against fighting our enemies. Patriotism is under attack in America with some refusing to honor our national anthem or the banner it proclaims.
May we never forget those who gave their lives on September 11, 2001 and those who have fought against terrorism on the battlefield.
God bless America!
Share your thoughts about Patriot's Day.
Saturday, September 10, 2016
Telling loved ones good-bye when they leave this earth is never easy, even though we know their destination is more wonderful than we can imagine in our limited minds.
|Kenneth A. Latta 1921-2016|
As an avid Alabama Crimson Tide fan, he never missed watching a game on TV. If distance hadn't prevented travel, he would have been at the stadium.
We will miss you, Pop.
Sunday, September 4, 2016
|The day of the Lord comes as a thief in the night.|
|The world is becoming more evil.|
|Preparation in the Word prevents deception.|
We are the light in this dark world, so I emphasize again: We are not to be in fear, rather, we can be excited while looking forward to our Savior's return
Sunday, August 28, 2016
|Flooding damages homes and vehicles.|
|Propane stoves are good backup cooking.|
- Review insurance policies on homes, vehicles, and personal property.
- Store a supply of bottled water. Calculate how much you would need for your entire family, including pets, for at least one month. Don’t forget you will need water for washing clothes and yourself at some point.
- Keep your vehicle as full of fuel as possible at all times. If your entire community is evacuating, gas lines require long waits. Also, if there is no power, gas pumps will not work.
- Put a first aid kit in your vehicle along with flashlights, a blanket or two, and a small compressor for low tires.
- Try to keep an amount of cash on hand in a safe, but easily accessible place for you. If ATM’s don’t work, neither will credit card machines in stores.
- Pre-packaged food in sealed containers is available for purchase at many outlets. Buying a few month’s supply of this type of nourishment can give you what you need in the event stores are over-run with a stampede of panicky people. These packages only require adding water and could be prepared on an outdoor grill or campfire.
- If you have a propane grill or fireplace, keep the fuel levels as high as possible. Extra tanks of fuel for the grill is a good idea. Propane lanterns are safer than candles, last longer and produce brighter light. Also, small propane stoves serve as backups.
- Buy a generator.
- Refill medications as often as possible to have extra supplies available.
- Pack a container such as a large plastic foot locker and keep important papers such as passports, birth certificates and other irreplaceable or hard to replace items inside. Pack your extra medications, water, food, flashlights, and medical kits. The entire container could then be picked up and taken with you if you had to leave in a hurry.
Sunday, August 21, 2016
|We are gems in the kingdom of our heavenly Father.|
|Christ's death and resurrection makes us valuable.|
Sunday, August 14, 2016
|Jesus disarmed powers and authorities of hell.|
|God's armor belongs to us through the cross.|
Sunday, August 7, 2016
|The Bible gives us two covenants.|
Sunday, July 31, 2016
|Identity theft steals the benefits of being you.|
Sunday, July 24, 2016
|We are spirit beings.|
Sunday, July 17, 2016
|Focus on the love of God.|
- The Love of God
- Our Spirit, Soul, and Body
- Identity in Christ
- God’s True Character
- Spiritual Authority
- How God Sees Me