|The true nature of God - is it judgment or mercy?|
Now may the Lord Jesus Christ and our Father God, who loved us and in his wonderful grace gave us eternal comfort and a beautiful hope that cannot fail, encourage your hearts and inspire you with strength to always do and speak what is good and beautiful in his eyes (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 TPT).
Sunday, September 30, 2018
Sunday, September 23, 2018
How do we determine the difference between guilt and shame?
- Accept forgiveness. We admit we are guilty sinners, but because of the blood of Jesus, we don’t stay that way. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).
- Dwell in the presence of Christ to stay focused on the redemption we have been given. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine neither can you, unless you abide in Me (John 15:4 NKJV).
- Transform thinking. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God (Romans 12:1-2).
|3 ways to be free of guilt and shame|
Sunday, September 16, 2018
|Tips for disaster preparedness|
- Store a supply of bottled water. Calculate how much is needed for the entire family, including pets, for at least one month. If there is time before the disaster strikes, fill bathtubs with water in the event water lines become contaminated. At least then there will be a supply of water for washing clothes, dishes or yourself.
- Keep vehicle as full of fuel as possible at all times. If the entire community is evacuating, gas lines require long waits. Also, if there is no power, gas pumps will not work.
- Put a first aid kit in vehicles along with flashlights, a blanket or two, and a small compressor for low tires.
- Try to keep an amount of cash on hand in a safe, but easily accessible place. If ATM’s don’t work, neither will credit card machines in stores.
- Pre-packaged food in sealed containers is available for purchase at many outlets. Buying a few month’s supply of this type of nourishment can provide what is needed in the event stores are over-run with a stampede of panicky people. These packages only require adding water and could be prepared on an outdoor grill or campfire.
- Keep fuel levels as high as possible in propane tanks for grills.
- Propane lanterns can last longer than candles and produce brighter light.
- Buy a generator.
- Refill medications as often as possible to have extra supplies available.
- Pack a container such as a large plastic foot locker and keep important papers such as passports, birth certificates and other irreplaceable or hard to replace items inside. Pack extra medications, water, food, flashlights, and medical kits. The entire container could then be picked up and taken in the event of evacuation.
Sunday, September 9, 2018
- 2,996 killed
- 6,000 injured
- 1,000 died later from exposure to debris
- 1,883 military have died in Afghanistan fighting the war
- 3,836 military have died in Iraq
Sunday, September 2, 2018
|God's Labor Day - Enter His Rest|