|5 ways to find your focus|
Now may the Lord Jesus Christ and our Father God, who loved us and in his wonderful grace gave us eternal comfort and a beautiful hope that cannot fail, encourage your hearts and inspire you with strength to always do and speak what is good and beautiful in his eyes (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 TPT).
Sunday, December 30, 2018
Sunday, December 23, 2018
Him shall not perish, but have eternal life (John 3:16 NKJV).
Join the conversation and share your Christmas thoughts.
What does love really mean? (click to tweet)
Christmas brings us the cross (click to tweet)
Sunday, December 16, 2018
|Mount Vernon, the home of President George Washington|
|George and Martha Washington entertain on|
Sunday, December 9, 2018
|Why is there no peace on earth?|
Sunday, December 2, 2018
|Finding joy in the middle of holiday chaos|
Sunday, November 18, 2018
- We can become fearful and anxious. Thanksgiving in prayer can keep our minds from anxiety.
- When we are thankful for what we have received, we are able to give out to others.
- Give thanks just because God deserves it. He is the giver of our life and every good thing we have.
Sunday, November 11, 2018
|Christians and war - what does the Bible say?|
- Pray for them.
- Support legislation that will increase their benefits.
- Buy them a meal or cup of coffee when you see them in restaurants.
- Thank them in person.
- Honor the flag they fight for.
Sunday, November 4, 2018
|The Commodity of Time How do we Redeem it?|
Sunday, October 28, 2018
|Lessons from Linus and The Great Pumpkin|
Sunday, October 21, 2018
Monday, October 15, 2018
|The fish we caught took the bait.|
Sunday, October 7, 2018
Sunday, September 30, 2018
|The true nature of God - is it judgment or mercy?|
Sunday, September 23, 2018
How do we determine the difference between guilt and shame?
- Accept forgiveness. We admit we are guilty sinners, but because of the blood of Jesus, we don’t stay that way. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).
- Dwell in the presence of Christ to stay focused on the redemption we have been given. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine neither can you, unless you abide in Me (John 15:4 NKJV).
- Transform thinking. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God (Romans 12:1-2).
|3 ways to be free of guilt and shame|
Sunday, September 16, 2018
|Tips for disaster preparedness|
- Store a supply of bottled water. Calculate how much is needed for the entire family, including pets, for at least one month. If there is time before the disaster strikes, fill bathtubs with water in the event water lines become contaminated. At least then there will be a supply of water for washing clothes, dishes or yourself.
- Keep vehicle as full of fuel as possible at all times. If the entire community is evacuating, gas lines require long waits. Also, if there is no power, gas pumps will not work.
- Put a first aid kit in vehicles along with flashlights, a blanket or two, and a small compressor for low tires.
- Try to keep an amount of cash on hand in a safe, but easily accessible place. If ATM’s don’t work, neither will credit card machines in stores.
- Pre-packaged food in sealed containers is available for purchase at many outlets. Buying a few month’s supply of this type of nourishment can provide what is needed in the event stores are over-run with a stampede of panicky people. These packages only require adding water and could be prepared on an outdoor grill or campfire.
- Keep fuel levels as high as possible in propane tanks for grills.
- Propane lanterns can last longer than candles and produce brighter light.
- Buy a generator.
- Refill medications as often as possible to have extra supplies available.
- Pack a container such as a large plastic foot locker and keep important papers such as passports, birth certificates and other irreplaceable or hard to replace items inside. Pack extra medications, water, food, flashlights, and medical kits. The entire container could then be picked up and taken in the event of evacuation.
Sunday, September 9, 2018
- 2,996 killed
- 6,000 injured
- 1,000 died later from exposure to debris
- 1,883 military have died in Afghanistan fighting the war
- 3,836 military have died in Iraq
Sunday, September 2, 2018
|God's Labor Day - Enter His Rest|
Sunday, August 26, 2018
- By rehearsing victories and blessings in our lives.
- By reading what God says about us. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).
- By giving ourselves affirming statements. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! (Psalm 139:17).
Sunday, August 12, 2018
|Pedophilia.. is this the next sin accepted as normal?|
Tuesday, July 31, 2018
|The best defense for offense|
- Realize your worth does not come from someone else's opinion or actions. Our value comes from God not the news media, entertainment or politics.
- Anchor your personality in Christ and take possession of the inheritance He gave you. We have an inheritance that is far superior to anything this world can give.
- Realize the words are a reflection of the condition of the heart of a person who probably does not know God.
- Realize allowing offense into your life doesn't change the situation, but it can change you into an angry and bitter person.