Now may the Lord Jesus Christ and our Father God, who loved us and in his wonderful grace gave us eternal comfort and a beautiful hope that cannot fail, encourage your hearts and inspire you with strength to always do and speak what is good and beautiful in his eyes (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 TPT).
Saturday, May 30, 2020
Saturday, May 23, 2020
|7 ways to be thankful during a pandemic|
- Thankful that God is the healer. My son, give attention to my words…For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh (Proverbs 4:20, 22).
- Thankful for the ability to have online church services and school assignments.
- Thankful the epidemic is on the downturn in multiple locations.
- Thankful for high tech and efficient researchers and medical personnel and equipment available to combat the disease.
- Thankful we were still able to obtain necessary food and supplies despite the shortages of some items. I haven’t heard of anyone starving through this.
- Thankful we could still see our family and friends through video or in person.
- Thankful some businesses are opening up again.
Saturday, May 9, 2020
I have many fond memories of my mother and I will always miss her. She passed away in 2018. But one memory (that is not so fond) stands out at the top of the list and it's probably because of the lesson I learned.
I lived in a small town and could walk to school. After school was dismissed, I went home with a friend without getting permission so my mother did not know where I was. Several hours later when the friend's parents brought me home, my mom was waiting for me with a wooden paddle that had previously had a rubber band and ball attached to it.
While at the time, I did not appreciate what I received, you can bet I never did that again!
From the beginning of time, Mothers have influenced their children to grow up and be the best they can be. Here are some quotes from famous people about mothers. Some are humorous and some encouraging, but all reflect the way a mother can inspire a life.