God's Roadmap

Now may the Lord Jesus Christ and our Father God, who loved us and in his wonderful grace gave us eternal comfort and a beautiful hope that cannot fail, encourage your hearts and inspire you with strength to always do and speak what is good and beautiful in his eyes (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 TPT).


Sunday, January 19, 2014

Can We Weather The Winter?


Rain, cold, drizzle, fog, icy mud puddles, warm again, then cold, high winds. You name it we have had it this winter.

Rather than spending too much time complaining about the weather, (which doesn’t change it anyway, right?), I thought I would find some positive things about all the erratic patterns we have had lately.

  • When it rains for days, the sun is so much brighter when it does shine.
  • The fog eventually lifts.
  • Drizzle is better than a downpour.
  • 50 degrees following several days of below 20 makes it feel as wonderful as 85.
  • Icy mud puddles do melt.
  • The extreme cold kills the bugs.
  • The wind blows all the leaves out of my yard and into my neighbor’s. (LOL)
  • And best of all, Spring WILL come!

After several days of rain, I walked outside with my dogs one night, the frozen ground crunching under my feet and the frosty air becoming a cloud of mist as I exhaled. It was so nice to see the sky full of stars sparkling like jewels in a showroom. The moon shone the welcoming of God’s porch light to His creation below. I looked up at the vastness of the universe to see the awesomeness of our Creator and was reminded that He weathers every storm for us. He is our warmth in the cold, our light in the darkness, our guidance in the fog, and our calm in the wind.

He is the Son and He will always shine.

How are you weathering winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment