by Barbara Latta
|Keep your goals before your eyes with a vision board.|
This month we have been talking about setting goals instead of resolutions. The best way to keep your goals before your eyes is to make a vision board. You make ask, “What is a vision board?”
A vision board is anything you use to keep your dreams and goals in front of your eyes so you will constantly be focused on them. A goal needs to be written out and read to ourselves daily as if it has already been accomplished.A vision board keeps us focused on the target and is a notebook, bulletin board, poster, or anything you can use to put your goals in a visual mode.
I have used this verse before but that is because it is so important and clearly states what we are supposed to do with what God has put into our hearts
Write the vision and make it plain on tablets that he may run who reads it (Habakkuk 2:2 NKJV).
Here are some steps to creating a vision board:
- Pray – Ask God what He wants you to accomplish this year and write down the thoughts He puts in your heart. Then thank Him for helping you accomplish your dream. Don’t limit what He says by trying to figure out how your goal can be accomplished, but focus on what the goal is.
- Buy the tool – Decide what medium you want to use to display
your dreams whether a notebook, bulletin board, or poster. Find pictures to
match your goals and cut them
Goals need to be written and read to ourselves daily.
- Be specific - When we set our goals for the year we must do more than just say I want to save money, lose weight, clean my house, write my books, etc. The goal must be specific and have a definite deadline, otherwise it is too general to become a reality.
- Write in first person - A goal needs to be written out and read to ourselves daily as if it has already been accomplished. Example: Instead of saying, “I want to save some money by the end of the year,” put your goal in accomplished mode by saying, “I have saved $5,000.00 by December 31, 2017.” Goals need to be clearly defined with a target.
- View – Keep the board in a place where you can see it every day and rehearse your goals.
These are some small steps to put into place to help us visualize what God wants to do in our lives. This is something I am implementing this year to keep my goals attainable and not forgotten in a drawer after they are written down.
|Rehearse your goals and dreams.|
What are some ideas you have for creating your vision?
Create a vision board for your goals (click to tweet)