God's Roadmap

Now may the Lord Jesus Christ and our Father God, who loved us and in his wonderful grace gave us eternal comfort and a beautiful hope that cannot fail, encourage your hearts and inspire you with strength to always do and speak what is good and beautiful in his eyes (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 TPT).


Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Living Water


by Barbara Latta

We recently returned from a trip to Niagara Falls. It was my first time to experience the wonder and majesty of this amazing creation. Standing near the water and watching it go over the edge of the rocks falling hundreds of feet below, I was reminded of the words of Jesus when he said, “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture as said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water” (John 7:38).

If this living water should be flowing out of me like Jesus said, why don’t I always feel like it does? Sometimes I feel stale and stagnant, not free flowing.

One thing we need to remember is that the promises of God are not dependent upon our feelings; they are dependent upon His faithfulness. Whether we feel it or not, his promises and provision are there for us simply because He said it. My part is to rely on those promises and apply them to my life.

So how can I get the water flowing again when I feel like it has dried up?
  • Find the promises that apply to what I am going through.
  • Talk to Him daily and listen to what He has to say.
  • Share what He says and what He has done by helping those in need, encouraging others with His message, contributing to church and ministries, and praising Him for His goodness.


Water flowing down the falls has several characteristics that make it a life-giving part of nature:

·         It’s moving, therefore it’s not stagnant.
·         It’s moving, therefore it’s powerful.
·         It’s moving, therefore it’s refreshing.

The power of this water flowing down the river and over the falls can be used to generate electricity, move objects such as fallen trees and debris, and give life to the flora and fauna of the region.

By letting the water flow through me, it’s moving; therefore, I will not be stagnant, I will be powerful, and I will be refreshed.

Niagara Falls is a powerful force, but the living water Jesus spoke of is more powerful than any force in the universe. It can electrify me to action, move debris out of my life, and supply me with all I need.

Have you experienced this living water? If you haven’t, read the tab on this blog, Knowing Him.
Feel free to share your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment