God's Roadmap

Now may the Lord Jesus Christ and our Father God, who loved us and in his wonderful grace gave us eternal comfort and a beautiful hope that cannot fail, encourage your hearts and inspire you with strength to always do and speak what is good and beautiful in his eyes (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 TPT).


Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Are You A Mighty Oak or A Falling Nut?

by Barbara Latta

When we stand against opposition, wrong thinking, and the urge to give up we will become like the mighty oaks with the strength to shelter others from the storm and we can provide seeds to plant into their lives. Or we can give up and remain a nut on the ground that gets washed away in the storm.



Napoleon Hill said, 

"The strongest oak of the forest is not the one that is protected from the storm and hidden from the sun It’s the one that stands in the open where it is compelled to struggle for its existence against the winds and rains and scorching sun." 

I recently had a request to write an article about a subject I knew little about. I almost turned the offer down because I thought I couldn't do it. After some research and learning, I wrote the piece which caused me to stretch my writing muscles and encouraged my confidence. Had I given up I would have missed an opportunity to grow.

What opportunities have come your way to make you grow like a mighty oak? 

No comments:

Post a Comment