|5 Ways to Stay Joyful in the Journey of Life|
- Put God first. When we let God control our lives, we reap the blessing of His hand. His peace, comfort and joy will be allowed to permeate our souls, as well as having our needs met. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you (Matthew 6:33 NKJV).
- Focus on the positive. Difficult and tragic situations can make life seem impossible to bear, but continually dwelling on how bad things are only brings depression. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things (Philippians 4:8).
- Do something for others. The best way to take our minds off our problems is to help someone else who is going through bad times. Let each of you look not only for his own interest, but also for the interests of others (Philippians 2:4).
- Pray. Staying in contact with our heavenly Father opens the door for Him to give us the answer to what we are seeking. Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation. Give heed to the voice of my cry, my King and my God, for to You I will pray. My voice you shall hear in the morning, O Lord; In the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up (Psalm 5:1-3).
- Take one day at a time. When we try to figure things out on our own, we can become confused which leads to wrong decisions. Trusting God with each new day and listening to His direction will give answers we never could have found on our own. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths (Proverbs 3:4-5).