- Cain was jealous of Abel – resulting in murder and Cain becoming an outcast (Genesis 4:3-15).
- Jacob and Esau – Jacob was jealous of Esau’s birthright; Esau was jealous after Jacob stole it – resulting in Jacob’s deceit to his father and he had to leave home; Esau lost his rightful place as the firstborn (Genesis 25:29-34; Genesis 27).
- Joseph’s brothers were jealous – resulting in selling their brother and lying to their father (Genesis 37:18-34).
- Miriam and Aaron were jealous of Moses – resulting in Miriam contracting leprosy (Numbers 12:1-16).
- Eliab was jealous of David – resulting in him not being chosen as the next king because of what was in his heart (I Samuel 16:6-7).
- Saul was jealous of David – resulting in torment from an evil spirit (I Samuel 18:6-11).
- Michel was jealous of David’s relationship with God when he danced before the ark – resulting in barrenness (2 Samuel 6:16-23).
- Absalom was jealous of his father, David – resulting in his death (2 Samuel 15:12; 2 Samuel 18).
- Jesus’ disciples were jealous of each other – resulting in Jesus’s reprimand (Luke 22:24-30).