|5 remedies against fear|
- Fear paralyzes and disrupts decision making. When we are not thinking clearly, we grasp at whatever sounds good at the moment and act impulsively.
- Fear divides. Reports of people fighting over products in stores and parking lots reveal how fear can control emotions.
- Fear overrides hope. When we look at circumstances through the lens of discouragement, we see no resolution to the problem.
- Fear defeats success. When fear is the prominent thought, there is no room for productivity or creativity. With no hope for the future there is no motivation for growth.
- Prayer – stay in fellowship with God. Not just to ask Him to take away the afflicting thing, but to fellowship with Him in praise and thanksgiving for who He is—the Almighty, the Omniscient, the King of the universe.
- Provision of God – He provides for our needs so there is no reason to hoard supplies and empty shelves leaving nothing for anyone else. Be prepared, but not selfish. (Philippians 4:19)
- Protection of God – He gives us His angels to guard and protect us (Psalm 91).
- Power of God – He is able to do abundantly more than we can ask or think as long as we depend on the power that dwells within us (Ephesians 3:20).
- Promises of God –God tells us He will never leave us or forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6).
Living in fear will not make the CoronaVirus or any other problem go away. Yes, it’s a scary event, but it can’t be solved by being afraid. Trusting in God means walking with Him and depending upon Him for answers. Of course, God is bigger than anything, but in our minds we need to make Him bigger than problem.