God's Roadmap

Now may the Lord Jesus Christ and our Father God, who loved us and in his wonderful grace gave us eternal comfort and a beautiful hope that cannot fail, encourage your hearts and inspire you with strength to always do and speak what is good and beautiful in his eyes (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 TPT).


Sunday, June 16, 2013

Salute to Dads

Dads come in all shapes, sizes, and personalities. Where would be without them? In honor of this special day I would like to share some humorous quotes about fathers from some famous people over the years.

Ken Latta

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon." Groucho Marx

"When I was a kid, I asked my father, 'Will you take me to the zoo?' He answered, 'If the zoo wants you, they can come and get you'." Jerry Lewis

"I have found the best advice in raising children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it." Harry S. Truman

"Spread the diaper in the position of the diamond with you at bat. Then fold second base down to home and set the baby on the pitcher's mound. Put first base and third together, bring up home plate and pin the three together. Of course, in case of rain you gotta call the game and start all over again." Jimmy Piersal


Lloyd Watson
"To have be a successful father, there's one absolute rule: when you have a kid don't look at it for the first two years." Ernest Hemingway

"Human beings are the only species that allows their children to come back home." Bill Cosby

Kenneth Latta
Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there, especially the three in my life: my husband, Ken; my dad, Lloyd Watson (who went to heaven this year); and my father-in-law, Kenneth Latta. Thanks Dads for all you do.


Do you have some Dad stories or quotes you would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment