God's Roadmap

Now may the Lord Jesus Christ and our Father God, who loved us and in his wonderful grace gave us eternal comfort and a beautiful hope that cannot fail, encourage your hearts and inspire you with strength to always do and speak what is good and beautiful in his eyes (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 TPT).


Saturday, September 27, 2014

Electronic Frustration

I stared at my computer screen which was flashing another error message—the third in a row. I was attempting to purchase a plane ticket with reward points and the website was not cooperating. After four phone calls to the reservation desk, (and following their instructions after each call with no success), I was now on the phone again.

I found out the flight I was choosing wasn’t available, yet the website was letting me select it. My last phone call solved the issue with the customer service clerk making the reservation for me. This was two and one-half hours later.

That same day I tried to upload photos on a store’s website to pick up in an hour. After forty-five minutes of that fiasco, I left to go get them. I had a coupon for fifty free photos. Guess what? When it scanned the money wouldn’t come off the total. Now I would have been more than willing to let that little issue go, except it was a $9.50 coupon. I wasn’t going to walk away from that. After a manager was called and manually entered the discount, I could go home. This entire scene took almost another hour.

In the car, I took a deep breath, and repeated Philippians 4:6-7 to myself. “Do not be anxious about anything, but with prayer and petition  with thanksgiving,let your requests be made known unto God, and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”

I got home and decided not to touch anything else electronic that day.

Our lives are filled with things that frustrate us. We get agitated when things don’t work out because we feel like the circumstances are overcoming us. But if we can take a step back and realize nothing has power over us unless we allow it, we can find God's solution for everything. 


What do you do to alleviate frustration?

No comments:

Post a Comment