God's Roadmap

Now may the Lord Jesus Christ and our Father God, who loved us and in his wonderful grace gave us eternal comfort and a beautiful hope that cannot fail, encourage your hearts and inspire you with strength to always do and speak what is good and beautiful in his eyes (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 TPT).


Saturday, May 9, 2020

Mother's Day Quotes

by Barbara Latta

I have many fond memories of my mother and I will always miss her. She passed away in 2018. But one memory (that is not so fond) stands out at the top of the list and it's probably because of the lesson I learned.

I lived in a small town and could walk to school. After school was dismissed, I went home with a friend without getting permission so my mother did not know where I was. Several hours later when the friend's parents brought me home, my mom was waiting for me with a wooden paddle that had previously had a rubber band and ball attached to it.

While at the time, I did not appreciate what I received, you can bet I never did that again!

From the beginning of time, Mothers have influenced their children to grow up and be the best they can be. Here are some quotes from famous people about mothers. Some are humorous and some encouraging, but all reflect the way a mother can inspire a life. 



  • "When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." Sophia Loren
  • "Only God Himself fully appreciates the influence of a Christian mother in the molding of character in her children." Billy Graham
  • "My mother was a Sunday School teacher. So I am a byproduct of prayer. My mom just kept on praying for her son." Steve Harvey
  • "My favorite subject was recess. Fortunately for me, my mother believed I was smart." Ben Carson
  • "When I was a boy and I would see scary things on the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.'" Fred Rogers
  • "You never know what's going to happen. My mother was an English teacher. If someone had told her I was going to write a book, she would never have believed that. So you can never say
    never." Tony Dungy


Happy Mother's Day!
Share your thoughts about motherhood or a favorite quote.

Mother's Day quotes to share (click to tweet) 

No comments:

Post a Comment